Contact Us +48 665 396 346

Social program for families in Poland "500+"

  • The Migration Bureau
  • No Comments

Social program for families in Poland “500+”

The 500 plus program is a financial support for families in the form of PLN 500, which can be received for children up to 18 years of age. This program applies not only to Poles, but also to foreigners. In addition, 500 plus is awarded not only to the first child, but also to each subsequent child. However, you must submit your application in good time. Here is a guide to the current 500 plus payment rules. If you are a foreigner legally residing in Poland, this article may also apply to you.

What is the Family 500+ program?
It is a demographic support program in Poland. Each family is entitled to a benefit of PLN 500 per month for each child. The program applies to Polish citizens, as well as certain categories of foreigners living in the territory of the Republic of Poland. The allowance is granted to children under the age of 18.

Who is covered by PLN 500 per child?
All Polish citizens and some foreigners with children, regardless of the family income, have the right to receive this benefit from the first child. Only people who actually live in Poland can receive this subsidy. People who live / work in another country are not eligible for this financial aid. The state has the right to verify this fact, both through the physical control of the person’s presence in the country (including a visit to the place of residence) and through the common European tax bases. The legal status of the parents’ association does not directly affect the possibility of receiving funds under the “Family 500+” program.

Which foreigners can get 500+?
Support under the Family 500 Plus program is intended for foreigners who meet at least one of the following conditions:
• having citizenship of one of the countries of the European Union or the European Free Trade Association – EFTA (four countries belong to EFTA: Norway, Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Iceland)
• having the citizenship of one of the countries that have signed a bilateral social security agreement with Poland (including the USA, Canada, Moldova, South Korea or Ukraine)
• obtaining a temporary residence permit in order to work in a profession requiring high qualifications and living in Poland together with family members
• having a residence card with the annotation “access to the labor market” and living in Poland with family members (note – the possibility of obtaining “500 Plus” on the basis of the annotation “access to the labor market” does not apply to: people with a work permit in EU countries for a period not exceeding 6 months, non-EU and EFTA third-country nationals studying or performing seasonal work and third-country nationals working on the basis of a visa)
• legal stay in Poland as part of the intra-corporate transfer and living in our country together with family members (note: the possibility of obtaining “500 Plus” on this basis does not apply to people who have the right to stay in Poland for a period not exceeding 9 months)
• staying in Poland in connection with conducting scientific research (note: the possibility of obtaining “500 Plus” on this basis does not apply to persons who have the right to stay in Poland for a period not exceeding 6 months).

How to apply for 500+?
The grant application is submitted once a year. The payout period starts on October 1 and ends on September 30 of the following year. For the next year, you can apply online from July 1 of this year or from August 1 by visiting the office in person. If the documents are sent after October 1, then payments will be made from the month of submission, but the first funds will be transferred the following month.

Required documents:

  1. Foreign passport with a visa (if applicable) or residence permit with access to the labor market.
  2. Documents of marital status.
  3. Birth certificates of children.
  4. Statement.
    All documents not in Polish must be translated. The commune may require a sworn and apostille translation.

The issue is considered by the local authority. They can be bosses, mayors, city presidents. In some cases, these referrals may be transferred directly to social welfare departments or other state / municipal structures.
In case of a positive decision, the funds will be credited to the account provided during registration. Some municipalities / social services offer the option of a postal order subsidy or cash surcharge at the cash desk. Providing false (fictitious, forged) data will be the reason for refusal to consider the case. The rules of municipalities may differ, which means that the grounds and their insufficiency may be formulated in different ways.

Author: The Migration Bureau

Leave a Reply

7 + 1 =

Share This

Share this post with your friends!