Contact Us +48 665 396 346

Work Permit Poland

Our Work Permit Immigration Service at The Migration Bureau is tailored to simplify access to employment opportunities in Poland. We navigate the intricate visa procedures, guaranteeing individuals can legally work in their preferred destination. From gathering essential documents to coordinating with authorities, our service streamlines the process of obtaining a work permit, empowering clients to pursue professional advancement and contribute to thriving global work environments.

Job market in Poland

The job market in Poland offers diverse opportunities across various sectors, including manufacturing, services, IT, and finance. With a growing economy and favorable business environment, Poland attracts both local and international talent. Job seekers can find positions ranging from skilled trades to professional roles, making Poland an attractive destination for career development.

Who is eligible for a work permit in Poland?

If a business owner in Poland plans to employ a foreigner, they must submit an application for a type A work permit for them, provided that the candidate meets two criteria: they are from a country outside the European Union, the European Economic Area, or Switzerland, and they are not exempt from the obligation to hold a work permit. Member states of the EU include Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Spain, the Netherlands, Ireland, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Sweden, Hungary, and Italy. Member states of the European Economic Area, in addition to EU countries, are Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein.

When a foreigner does not need to have a work permit
A foreigner is required to have a work permit if:

  • has refugee status granted in the Republic of Poland
  • enjoys subsidiary protection in the Republic of Poland
  • has a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Poland
  • has a residence permit for a long-term resident of the European Union in the Republic of Poland
    has a residence permit for humanitarian reasons
  • has a permit for tolerated stay in the Republic of Poland
  • enjoys temporary protection in the Republic of Poland
  • has a valid certificate of protection in the territory of the Republic of Poland
  • resides in the territory of the Republic of Poland on the basis of a residence permit issued by another European Union Member State and the purpose of his stay in the territory of the Republic of Poland is to perform work as a managerial employee, specialist or employee undergoing an internship as part of an intra-corporate transfer for a period not exceeding 90 days in the period 180 days.


Who applies for a type A 

An employer who wants to employ a foreigner always applies for a type A or B work permit for a foreigner. A work permit is always issued for a specific foreigner.